Your search for the right cruise company ends here at Harbor Breeze Cruises. We are among the most experienced cruise companies operating in Los Angeles and the best service provider in Long Beach for many years now. The many documented sightings that you will see in our gallery are proofs of our expertise in this particular business. Our clients will always go home completely satisfied because of the fun and memorable sightseeing tours that we offer. We are indeed your best choice among the many whale watching cruises in Long Beach CA.
At Harbor Breeze Cruises, you won't have to wait for a particular season just to see the marine wildlife in the coast of Southern California. We know the migration patterns of these large marine mammals, their breeding grounds, their behavior, and the specific areas where they usually wander during the day. We also have a marine biologist onboard to guide our guests during the trip and a luxurious catamaran that is fully-equipped with the latest navigation equipment. These are just some of the reasons why we have the highest rate of documented sightings among cruise companies in Long Beach. You, too, can have a one-of-a-kind experience by getting onboard on any of our whale watching cruises in Long Beach CA.
You can have a close encounter with any of these marine mammals during our whale watching cruise:
- Blue whales. Considered as the largest among whale species, an adult blue whale can weigh more than 190 tons and grow up to 100 feet. It is best to book a blue whale watching trip from mid-June to October.
- Gray whales. The best season to watch this particular whale species is from January to April when they return to their feeding grounds. They also pass the coastline of California from October to December when they mate and calve in the warm lagoons of Mexico. Gray whales travel 10,000 miles every year, the longest migration of any animal species.
- Fin whales. They swim fast and can hold their breath up to 45 minutes under water, making it difficult to spot them on open seas. But don't worry; fin whale sightings are common in the winter season. They also travel in pods so we can bring you close to these large marine mammals.
- Killer whales. It is not uncommon to see killer whales during whale migration. Majority of the sightings occur in the months of November and December, so it’s best to schedule your trip during this season.
- Pacific white-sided dolphins. The playful behavior of these dolphins always adds excitement and fun to any sightseeing cruise. They love to ride the bow waves of our boats and showcase their acrobatic skills.
- Common dolphins. A whale watching cruise will not be complete without spotting common dolphins. This dark gray-to-black colored dolphin can be seen all year round along the entire California coast.
Please browse our gallery to see more pictures of these amazing marine animals. The listing below is just a preview of what you will see during your whale watching trip. The countless sightings that we have documented just proved our claim that we are the best cruise company to hire for whale watching cruises in Long Beach CA.
Dial (562) 432-4900 now to inquire about our schedules and rates.Click on the images below to view a larger display.